The seat of Bennelong is up for by-election on Saturday 16 December 2017.
We are considering contesting this by-election, but only if we get enough volunteers to do it properly. If there are not enough volunteers by Monday, our campaign will not go ahead. We know that this isn’t much time, but there is a lot of paperwork to nominate a candidate and very little time to do it in as nominations close soon.
We are looking for volunteers locally who are in commuting distance to Bennelong NSW, and Australia-wide who can offer assistance online. We particularly need a coordinator who is on the ground in Sydney.
Types of volunteers we need in person:
- Coordinator on the ground in Sydney
- A candidate
- John August has expressed interest in being the candidate
- If there is a contest for this position, this will be handled democratically and in line with our Constitution
- Help hand out flyers at polling places
- Help with letterbox drops and sign distribution
- Putting a corflute election sign on your property
- Engage with local community groups
- Engage with the public in public areas
- Tell your family and friends in person
- Anything else you can offer? – Please come forward
Types of volunteers we need online:
- Engage with traditional media for interviews/stories
- Engage on social media/forums
- Tell your family and friends
- Make a donation
- Participation on our discussion forum
- Talking points/angles
- Graphics (social media/print)
- Flyer design
- Anything else you can offer?
If you have any connections which you think could be helpful, please come forward.