Election day. A time to reflect on what business as usual has delivered for Australia over the last 20 years:
- More than sixty bills attacking civil liberties
- Rising inequality and stagnant wages
- Unaffordable housing
- Record mass extinctions across our continent
- Water pillage and gross corruption
- Bungled wars of choice that never end
It doesn’t have to go on like that.
Today we can take a stand for freedom and civil liberties, a bill of rights, a shift of power back to communities, a basic income and better treatment for our poorest, proper environmental stewardship, action on climate change, transparency in government, a freer public domain and culture, decent digital age infrastructure, a national science plan, serious economic reform and a solution to parasitic rentierism, stronger animal welfare protections, an end to the war on drugs, and decent treatment for asylum seekers.
Vote for policies with actual citations. Vote to do things differently.