Official Party Document
The veracity of this document is ensured by the National Council and editing of this page is limited to members of the National Council.
An outline of content that may be posted on Pirate Party Australia social media accounts.
- Content should always be relevant to the Party and its members.
- When sharing general news articles, link them back to a relevant Party policy or campaign.
- Keep a positive spin on content. If you are posting about a negative topic, include a call to action such as a petition link or another way that people can get involved.
- Content must be SFW (safe for work).
- Regional coordinators can request their events are publicised on the main accounts.
- All press releases should be shared on social media accounts as soon as feasible.
- Consider the time of day when posting. Don't post late at night (past 10PM AEST) or early in the morning. Try to space new posts across the day.
- If others have access to the account, keep an eye on recent posts (refresh the page before posting) to make sure you don't double up on content.
- Facebook posts are truncated past 300 characters. Make sure that the key point of your post fit inside this limit.
- Make it clear when you are quoting a linked article.
- When adding images to content, make sure they are appropriately licensed for free use, and add the source if necessary.