Pirate Congress 2018
Official Party Document
The veracity of this document is ensured by the National Council and editing of this page is limited to members of the National Council.
- 1 Date
- 2 Venue
- 3 Tickets/RSVP
- 4 Accommodation information
- 5 Wifi
- 6 Minutes
- 7 Agenda
- 8 Treasurer's Report
- 9 Proposals
- 10 Standing Orders
- 11 Other Information
7-8 July, 2018
9:00am to 5:00pm AEST
127 Creek Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Open Street Map: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-27.46570/153.02728
Google map https://goo.gl/maps/KsRFcu9Wfqm
This meeting will be entirely public.
To join the meeting room you may use either the IRC or Matrix chat protocols, multiple options are suggested below.
- IRC web client: https://pirateparty.org.au/irc/ (ensure you join the #ppau-congress channel)
- IRC network server and connection information: http://pirateirc.net/servers.html (See details for the Sydney server)
- Matrix protocol via Riot web client: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#pirateirc_#ppau-congress:diasp.in
Once you have joined the meeting room channel, you must identify yourself with the Party Secretary before you will be able to talk or vote at the meeting. To do this:
- Ensure you join the meeting room channel with a unique name, i.e. a name that will not be easily confused with anyone else, you can use an alias. Avoid Pirate12345 for example.
Wifi is available at the venue.
Minutes will be published here as soon as possible after the Congress.
View the Treasurer's report for 2017-18: available [| here] closer to the event.
- Current Proposed Motions (Formal and Policy Motions)
- Constitutional Amendment Proposals
- Electable Position Nominations
The meeting will be regulated by the standing orders which can be amended at the National Congress and must be agreed to before business starts.
Elections & Nominations
The weekend will be used for deliberation, and positions will be voted on using an online method over a seven day period. Results of the election will be published on the Party's website once that voting period closes.
The following positions will be elected:
- National Council (9):
- Deputy President
- Deputy Secretary
- Deputy Treasurer
- Councillors (3)
- Dispute Resolution Committee member (2)
- Policy Development Officer (1)
The following current office bearers have confirmed that they will not be renominating:
- Tom Randle
- Simon Frew
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Party is incorporated in NSW, and for the purposes of the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW) the Annual National Congress will serve as the organisation's Annual General Meeting.
Constitutional amendments must be submitted to [email protected] before 9:00am AEST on Saturday 9 June 2018.
Party Platform and Policies
Policies are voted/decided on at the National Congress. Voting on policies will happen after the deliberative process. Procedural and amendment votes will only be available for those in attendance, adoption votes will be party wide. Policy proposals should be provided to the Policy Development Committee for feedback by emailing [email protected] and circulated on Party forums and/or discussion lists. Final proposals should be submitted to [email protected] at least 10 days before Congress so they can be allowed for in the agenda.
Instructions for internal elections
Instructions for completing ballots are provided when members receive the ballots, and can also be read here.