Pirate Emergency Congress 2021
Official Party Document
The veracity of this document is ensured by the National Council and editing of this page is limited to members of the National Council.
10:00am - 4:00pm AEDT, Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st November, 2021
This meeting will be public and entirely online! To attend, you may use either the IRC or Discord chat protocols.
- Text chat in the PirateIRC network #ppau-congress channel
- * IRC network server and connection information: http://pirateirc.net/servers.html (See details for the Sydney server)
- Ensure you join the meeting room channel with a unique name, i.e. a name that will not be easily confused with anyone else, you can use an alias. Avoid Pirate12345 for example.
- Text chat also available on Discord in #congress-general
- Voice and video chat from presenters will be live-streamed on the party's YouTube channel
No RSVP is necessary for members, when you join the channel on the day you will need to confirm your identity with the Party Secretary before you are able to participate, instructions will be provided.
Minutes will be published here as soon as possible after the meeting.
The Emergency National Congress will be regulated by the National Congress Standing Orders which can be amended at the meeting and must be agreed to before business starts.
Constitutional Amendment Proposals
Proposals to change the Constitution are Special Resolutions under the 'NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009'.
Constitutional Amendment Proposals must be submitted to [email protected] before Saturday 23rd October 2021 9:00am (AEST); all members will be notified of these Proposals by midnight AEST that night.
Policy proposals must be emailed to [email protected] by Friday 12th November 2021 as the Agenda must be finalised with 7 days' notice.
All major votes (Constitutional Amendments, Policy Amendments, and preselection decisions) that pass on the floor of Congress must then be put to the membership by online vote.
Instructions for completing these ballots will be provided when members receive their ballots.