Policy Meeting January 2024
Official Party Document
The veracity of this document is ensured by the National Council and editing of this page is limited to members of the National Council.
28th January 2024
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm AEDT (Sydney/Melbourne/Hobart)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm AEST (Brisbane)
- 9:30 to 3:30 ACDT (Adelaide)
- 7:00 am to 1:00 pm AWST (Perth)
- (11 pm previous day to 5 am UTC)
- Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR8kYegEwwM
This meeting will be entirely public. Proceedings (video of/by presenters) will be live-streamed on YouTube and there will be an accompanying text chat for ordinary members and floor voting.
To join the meeting room you may use either the IRC or Discord chat protocols, multiple options are suggested below.
- IRC web client: https://pirateparty.org.au/irc/ (ensure you join the #ppau-congress channel)
- IRC network server and connection information: http://pirateirc.net/servers.html (See details for the Sydney server)
- Discord: in #congress-general
Once you have joined the meeting room channel, you must identify yourself with the Party Secretary before you will be able to talk or vote at the meeting. To do this:
- Ensure you join the meeting room channel with a unique name, i.e. a name that will not be easily confused with anyone else, you can use an alias. Avoid Pirate12345 for example.
Minutes will be published here as soon as possible after the Meeting.
- Current Proposed Motions (Formal and Policy Motions)
The meeting will be regulated by the standing orders which can be amended at the Meeting and must be agreed to before business starts.
Voting on policies will happen after the deliberative process. Procedural and amendment votes will only be available for those in attendance, adoption votes will be party wide. Policy proposals should be provided to the Policy Development Committee for feedback by emailing [email protected] and circulated on Party forums and/or discussion lists. Final proposals should be submitted to [email protected] at least 10 days before the Meeting so they can be allowed for in the agenda.
Instructions for internal elections
Instructions for completing ballots are provided when members receive the ballots, and can also be read here.